Terms and Conditions
- The intention of this challenge is to identify promising social and technological innovations that could be implemented to help address issues of water usage, efficiency and management, particularly in the Western Cape region of South Africa, but also with potential application elsewhere.
- We, the disclosers, are the sole owners of any and all intellectual property disclosed in this submission. Where we are not the sole owners, we have obtained the appropriate permissions from the owners. This permission is attached to our submission, and have been signed by the appropriate authorities.
- We, the disclosers, have disclosed no information in this submission which is deemed confidential. This may include pre-existing software, processes, systems or market research that is not publicly available.
- We, the disclosers, will not hold any of the partners responsible for the disclosure of information contained in this submission, which may inadvertently constitute a public disclosure. For legal purposes, a public disclosure would prevent the registration of certain intellectual property rights.
- In the event that your solution is selected, if required, a partnership agreement will be signed to protect intellectual property.
- The decisions the evaluation panel makes is final, and no further deliberation will be entered into once a decision has been finalised.
- Late submissions may be considered only under exceptional circumstances, and with the approval of all partners. In the event of a late submission, the evaluating panel will note this in the evaluation results.
- FOR AUSTRIAN PARTICIPANTS: We acknowledge the terms and conditions for support by Advantage Austria, in particular:
- Participation in the online open innovation challenge is free of charge;
- Travel and subsistence expenses for the final event in Cape Town are borne by the participants themselves
- The participation fee for the Austria showcase in Cape Town is:
- €400 (plus 20% VAT) for member companies; or
- €800 (plus 20% VAT) for non-member companies
- Link to further conditions as described.